Active Coordinators provide Community Workshops that help local citizens to promote, develop and deliver on Active Projects. Workshops are subsidized through Active Sponsorships, and proceeds from sales of Active Perks.
To qualify as an Active Coordinator, you must:
- Be in alignment with our values and goals;
- Work in close proximity to a project community;
- Demonstrate adequate experience, tools and skills.
Project and Media Workshops equip community members with the tools they need to be catalysts of change: discovering and developing opportunities for using their skills in meeting their ambitions for overcoming key challenges that Business As Usual has not been able to do. Learn More.
We are presently focused on providing workshops in:
- Whistler: a mountain resort – in British Columbia, Canada – where escalating living costs for the local workforce are leading to a notable rise of mental illness.
- Lil’wat: a First Nations community living in a Reserve just north of Whistler in British Columbia, Canada: North America’s biggest ski resort.
- Bergnek: a community of black farm labourers in Limpopo, South Africa, who – following apartheid – were relocated from Afrikaan farms to a plot of land.
- Mautse: a black township in South Africa’s Free State. Poverty is rampant with most residents living in shacks on government issued land. Many of the children are taken care of by their grandparents as their parents left to the city for work.
If you think you can help, we’d love to hear from you! Please email: email@example.com.